INTERNATIONAL CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR THE SEM I ARID TROPICS (ICRISAT)
Roles and Responsibilities:
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Senior Executive – Security Services to ensure overall security coverage for the Institute through proper monitoring and reporting mechanism. The Incumbent would oversee the Security Assistants and facilitate with necessary logistical support as and when required. In case of any safety or security issue, the supervisor must take appropriate steps with the help of available security team to neutralize such threat. The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Telangana State, India and would report to Manager – Security and Transport Services.
- To carry out regular patrolling of the property during the shift
- To take charge of the shift as scheduled along with the keys/vehicles/property held at the main gate.
- To allocate suitable security assistants with proper instructions at various posts across all areas or as directed by the Lead Security Officer.
- To carry out regular checks on teams to all perform in their area of responsibility.
- To ensure that discipline and orders are maintained by the security assistants and other staff and to initiate reports against defaulters.
- To ensure that all the vehicles and personnel entering and exiting the premises are properly checked.
- To actively lead any emergency situations.
- To ensure the relevant rules and regulations of the Institute are adhered at all times.
- To ensure the safety and security of the people and equipment inside the premises.
- To maintain all records events and incidents diligently in a chronological order. Important incidents are to be conveyed through email and telephone immediately.
- To respond to fire alarms and organize a firefighting drills to extinguish the fire as soon as possible. Ensure all fire precautions are undertaken/observed during the tenure of duty.
- To ensure that the firefighting equipment deployed is in a ready to use condition at all times.
- To seal any doors, windows, amirah left open by the program staff after office hours.
- Keep watch on all the fire Hazardous material dumped / stored and reporting. Ensure that all the buildings and fields are thoroughly monitored for any fire.
- To ensure that the Guard Tour System is activated during guard checks.
- Retired Junior Commissioned Officer/Sr. Non-Commissioned Officer from the Armed Forces/ Paramilitary Forces with 20 years’ experience or experienced ex-serviceman security staff with proven track record of working in International organization with a total of 20 years’ service.
- Any graduate with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adequate driving skills with a valid 2 & 4-wheeler driving license is a must. Should be willing to work in shifts.
- Formal training in fire safety and communication skills in Telugu will be an added advantage.
- A positive attitude, High Integrity and good decision-making skills are important to this role
This is a contractual role for a period of 36 months (3 years).