The Certified Security Manager (CSM) is a Security Management Certification, which is globally recognized as the “Symbol of Excellence” for Corporate Security Professionals.
Earning CSM certification designation proves to your colleagues, employer, and clients that you poses knowledge and competency in eight key domains of Corporate Security Risk Management.
- Advanced Security Management Certification
- Comprehensive learning of advanced security management concepts that makes your job easier
- Prove your case to the senior management level promotions
- Quickly climb the corporate ladder
- Better career opportunities with a better compensation with an added competitive advantage
- Professional recognition among peers
Certified Security Manager (CSM) – Advanced Security Management Certification credential provides demonstrable proof of knowledge and management skills in eight critical Corporate Security domains.
- Security Management Practices
- Physical Security Management
- Security Investigations Management
- Personnel Security Management
- Crisis & Business Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Business & Operations Management
- Stakeholder Management & Leadership
1. SECURITY RISK MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
1.1 Understanding Organization & Managing the security programs
- Organizational Strategy
- Corporate Security Setup & Security Management Styles
- Advanced Program Management
1.2 Security risk assessment
- Planning & Conducting Security Risk Assessment
- Qualitative Security Risk Assessment
- Quantitative Security Risk Assessment
- Security Risk Assessment Report
1.3 Security awareness and training programs
- Planning Security Awareness Programs
- Conducting Security Awareness Programs
- Metrics of Security Awareness Programs
1.4 Security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Developing security policies and procedures
- Implementing security policies and procedures
1.5 Security Auditing and Review
- Planning of Security Audits
- Conducting Security Audits
- Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance
2. PHYSICAL SECURITY MANAGEMENT
2.1 Physical Security Assessment
- Planning physical security assessments
- Conducting physical security assessments
- Assessment techniques
- Security Risk Assessment vs. Physical Security Assessment
- Physical security assessment report
2.2 Physical Security Strategies & Design Principles
- Risk management approaches
- Physical Security Functions/Design Outcomes
- Corporate Security Risk Management
2.3 Physical Security Measures
- Physical Security Personnel
- Electronic Security Systems (VSS, ACS, IDS)
- Emerging technology (Video Analytics & AI)
- Physical Security Procedures
- CPTED and other structural measures
2.4 Physical Security Systems
- Security System Design & Elements
- Physical Security Project Management
3. INVESTIGATIONS MANAGEMENT
3.1 Principles/Fundamentals of Security Investigation
- Investigation Overview
- Investigation Process
- Qualities of Investigator
- Managing the Investigative Function
- Types of Investigations
3.2 Methods of Security Investigation
- Background Investigations
- Employee Screening
- Due Diligence Investigations
- Undercover Investigations
3.3 Case Management
- Interviews and Interrogations
- Report Writing & Documentation Management.
3.4 Investigative Process
- Understanding The What of Investigation
- Understanding The Where of Investigation
- Understanding The When of Investigation
- Understanding The Who of Investigation
- Understanding The Why of Investigation
- Understanding The How of Investigation
3.5 Specialized Investigative Techniques
- Employee Theft and Fraud Investigations
- Workplace Violence Investigations
- Discrimination Investigations
4. PERSONNEL SECURITY MANAGEMENT
4.1 Workplace Violence
4.2 Executive Protection
4.3 Travel Security
4.4 Security of Special Events
5. CRISIS & BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT
5.1 Crisis Management Overview
5.2 Business Continuity Management Overview
5.3 Business Continuity Planning
5.4 Business Impact Analysis
5.5 Crisis Management Planning
6. INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT
6.1 Information Security Overview
6.2 Cybersecurity Overview
6.3 Significance of Information Systems Security
6.4 Protection of Information Assets
6.5 Converged Security
7. BUSINESS & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
7.1 Business Metrics
7.1 Finance Management
7.2 Human Resources Management
7.3 Indemnification and Liability Insurance
8. STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
8.1 External Stakeholder Management
- Liaison with Law Enforcement
- Networking with industry leaders
8.2 Internal Stakeholder Management
- Managing your team
- Managing your boss
- Managing influencers
8.3 People Management and Leadership
- Basic Principles of Effective Leadership
- Managing and Leading
8.4 Road Map to Creating You & Leading as the CSO
- 7 years of security experience with no higher education degree
- 6 years of security experience with any degree
- 5 years of security experience with a master’s degree
Note: CSE certification holders will get 1-year experience relaxation from the above criteria. And the candidate should be in charge of a security function for at least 3 years
- Have worked full-time in a security-related role
- Not have been convicted of any criminal crime that would bring the security profession, Corp Security Solutions, or the qualification program into disrepute.
- Sign the Certification Code of Conduct and commit to following it.
The CSM designation is awarded to those who have successfully fulfilled the following performance criteria:
- Must complete Advanced Security Management Training Course.
- Must pass all domain-wise assessment tests with a minimum of 70% of the score.
- Must pass the certification exam with a minimum of 80% of the score (225 MCQs).
Want to stand out from the crowd?
Pay the CSM certification fee and then submit the Certification Application Form
CSM Certification Success Stories
Vishal Bohra, CSM
Security Risk Analyst at Verizon
ATM Iftekharul Haque, CSM®
Security Manager at BRACU
Paresh Jain, CSM
Asst General Manager Security WAAREE GROUP
Who will benefit from CSM?
The following Security Professionals will be immensely benefited from Certified Security Manager (CSM) – Security Management Certification Program.
- Security Managers, Senior Security Managers, Regional Security Managers, Heads of Security
- Military Officers who want to transition to Corporate Security
- Owners & Directors of Security Agencies, Independent Security Consultants.
I want to do Security Manager Course for Upgrading my Knowledge. Can I do the CSM?
Security Professionals who want to do the Security Manager Course or Security Management Course for knowledge up-gradation can very much do the Certified Security Manager CSM certification course. Please ensure you meet eligibility before applying.
Who will award the CSM certification to me?
Corp Security International Citification Board will award the CSM to those who meet successful criteria.
What is Corporate Security International?
Corp Security International is an international professional organization for corporate security professionals. It aims to advance corporate security professionals for the next level of their career with the best class resources – free membership, security management certifications, and training.
How much does the study material cost for CSM certification preparation?
At Corp Security international all the study material cost is included in the course fee itself. We don’t charge you separately for the course material.
The study material that is provided will be in a document format along with video formats which is all a package deal under the course fee.
How can I prepare for the CSM Certification Exam?
All candidates must complete the advanced security management training course, which covers the CSM body of knowledge.
This security management course material is a combination of on-demand video lectures and reading, practice quizzes, and domain-wise assessment tests. notes on all the essential domains.
And the online delivery method of this security management training course makes it available on your schedule, day or night, from wherever you are and from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device.
Why is access to learning portal is only 6 months, not 1 year?
We want you to achieve your goal asap. It is a practical deadline set for the candidates.
If you cannot complete the course within the duration due to emergencies. Corp Security International will extend case to case basis.
What is the duration of a video lesson?
Depends upon the topics. It could be 10 min to 60 min.
Where and how do we transfer the amount to enroll particular course?
Once you select the required course you just add it into the cart and checkout. Use “Credit card (Stripe)” if you are making payment from outside India...
How can I apply CSM Certification?
Any eligible security professional interested to apply for CSM certification can do so by clicking the Add to Cart button on this page and paying the course fee along with Certification Application Form.